Friday, March 13, 2015

One Down, One to Go

I am so excited because I finally finished editing the instruction manual for Celery Soup! It took a lot more time and effort than I thought it would–organizing all of that information and formatting it neatly and correcting errors–and a lot of the information was already vaguely assembled by a previous intern. I have a new respect for the time it takes to organize people and information in a professional way.

         My next interview will be on Monday, March 16th based on the movie The Butler. This interview will be particularly interesting because it will incorporate a lot more interviewees (at least seven people will be attending) who are unrelated.  This means there will be new challenges. It may be difficult to maintain control over the conversation when we discuss a topic which interests several of the interviewees at a time. It will be difficult to keep the interviewees from overlapping. It may be more intimidating to question a group. Since there will be more challenges, there will be several things I must keep in mind (and since I just finished my instruction manual to help the next intern along, I know what I must be careful for). It will be important to ask questions directly to a person and not vaguely at a group. I should use the names of the interviewees I am talking to for ease of transcription later. Perhaps the most difficult thing to remember will be to keep track of time.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment