Friday, April 24, 2015

Grunt Work

This week I spent eight hours scanning and sorting the physical copies of interview and an additional four labeling and sorting the scanned files into an excel spreadsheet file.
My last post had a pretty great summary of  what office life is like for me.

One thing I learned: to make sure everything is saved to more than one source. My computer crashed (literally... and screen separated from body). Fortunately I had been saving to a USB, but that reminded me to save it to a third source as well...

This coming (and final) week I intend to gather all of the hardcopies of what I've done and talk to Trish, my mentor. She will let me know whom I should talk to so that my efforts can be utilized by the playwright.

Unfortunately I did not get to interview more people about their lives in Sanford. However, depending on schedules, I might be able to do some of that this coming summer. We'll see. I don't have to volunteer just for school. ;)

This week is a particularly short blog because I am saving my "reflection over this full semester" for my last entry next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment